‘Maybe It’s My Nature’ out Friday 12th January
Wyvern Lingo continue to fan the flames of anticipation as the release of their debut album grows ever closer. Following the success of ‘I Love You, Sadie’, which was Nialler9’s 2017 song of the year on his website, the Bray trio open their 2018 account with the smouldering R’N’B ballad ‘Maybe It’s My Nature’.
Featured vocalist Karen Cowley says of the song: “Maybe It’s My Nature is about having a wandering eye, and the feelings of guilt that come with that. The song addresses three different people: a partner, a dead poet, and myself.” She adds – “I find that female characters in a lot of popular media still seem to lack sexual agency or fall into age old stereotypes. I wrote this song at a time when I was particularly fed up of hearing and seeing the same depictions that don’t resonate with how I feel.”
Wyvern Lingo’s long-awaited, self-titled debut album is out Friday 23rd February on vinyl, CD and download on Rubyworks. The band will be on tour in Ireland, the UK and Europe in support of the album release.
Wyvern Lingo are:
Karen Cowley – vocals, synth, bass synth.
Caoimhe Barry – vocals, drums.
Saoirse Duane – vocals, guitar.
- 23rd Feb, The Button Factory, Dublin
- 24th Feb, Glor, Ennis
- 25th Feb, Connolly’s of Leap, Cork
- 1st March, McHugh’s, Belfast
- 2nd March, Dolan’s, Limerick
- 3rd March, St Luke’s Church, Cork
- 8th March, Mike The Pies, Listowel
- 9th March, Roisin Dubh, Galway
- 10th March, Source Arts Centre, Thurles
- 11th March, Spirit Store, Dundalk
- 14th March, Sound, Liverpool
- 15th March, The Mash House, Edinburgh
- 16th March, Stereo, Glasgow
- 17th March, Think Tank Underground, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
- 18th March, The Castle Hotel, Manchester
- 20th March, Hyde Park Book Club, Leeds
- 21st March, Louisiana, Bristol
- 24th March, Prinzenbar, Hamburg
- 26th March, Privatclub, Berlin
- 27th March, Studio 672, Cologne
- 28th March, Upstairs at The Paradiso, Amsterdam